"MY SCHOOL" CARD
The Boys High Parents Association strongly supports the My School initiative. As an Old Boy of the School and a current parent, I believe we can achieve an even greater awareness of the programme among the greater body of people who care about Boys High. As Old Boys and Friends of the School your support is called upon. It doesn't cost you anything! Simply register at My School or complete the attached application form and you will receive a membership card. Simply remember to swipe your card (when making your payment) at any of the recognized My School Partners such as Woolworths and ENGEN.
Some interesting facts about the My School Initiative and its positive effects for Boys High:
- Currently we have 2617 cards issued which support Boys High specifically. The monthly funds generated for the school range from R6 500 to R7 500 per month depending on the number of swipes.
- If we increase current card usage by only 25%, we can increase the contribution to the school by an additional R3000 per month.
- If we get a thousand OLD BOYS linked with cards, and all 1 000 cards are used every month we can achieve an additional R10 000 per month thereby generating in excess of R300 000 per annum for the school.
The funds are currently used to support the large budget of the school in the following areas:
- Assisting in paying for additional teachers which aid in maintaining the educational standard at Boys High
- Providing bursaries to deserving candidates
- Providing professional first aid services at all home rugby fixturesHow can you help?
If you are a current MySchool cardholder:
1. Ensure that your card is swiped every time you make a purchase at Woolworths/MySchool partner.
2. Remember to apply for an additional card/s if you currently only have one card in the family. Remember grannies, aunties, brothers and sisters can also apply. Anyone who has the interests of the school at heart can apply!If you do NOT currently have a MySchool card:
1. Apply for one or more cards and be part of the initiative;
2. Ensure that your card is swiped every time you make a purchase at Woolworths/MySchool partner.
REMEMBER THERE IS NO COST TO YOU. YOU SIMPLY HAVE YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD SWIPED AT THE TIME OF MAKING PAYMENT. THIS IS NOT A CREDIT CARD.
Your continued support is greatly appreciated.
Keep on Swiping! Yours sincerelyBryce BlumChairman - Parents Association PBHS << BACK TO FUNDRAISING